The Tournament Rules

Check out the video!

GET READY - TOURNAMENT IN...

Day(s)

:

Hour(s)

:

Minute(s)

:

Second(s)

Perth Amboy, NJ

Tournament Setup

 

This season we will be fishing for Fluke, Stripers, and Bluefish! They are all fun to fish and put on quite the fight!

The tournament will be held on Sunday, August 18th, 2024. It will be a 6-hour tournament, starting at 11 AM and ending at 5 PM.

In order to participate in the 2024 Fish On Tournament, you would need to raise or donate $1,500.

There will be about 5-6 fishers per boat (we will try and accommodate larger family sizes).

The prize will be up to $18,000 depending on the number of boats in the tournament. (Every boat adds $1k to the prize, capped at $18k)

The winner of the heaviest Fluke will be awarded a prize, and a separate prize will be awarded to the winner of the heaviest Striper or Bluefish. The winners get 70% of the prize, and the other 30% goes to the team members of the winning boats.

 

Rules & Regulations

 

  • Winning fish in the Fluke category must be a Fluke, and winning fish in the Striper/Bluefish category must be either a Striper or Bluefish.
  • Although we will be providing fishing equipment, participants may use their own equipment.
  • Fish must be caught using a rod and reel set up, therefore no netting, spear fishing, or other methods of fishing.
  • Only one rod per fisher may be used at a single time.
  • Each catch must be logged by the boat’s crew member or the driver of the boat.
  • Participants must observe fishing limits set by the NJ Fish and Wildlife.
  • Participants must be aged 18 or older. Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
  • This is an all male fishing tournament.

Rules and regulations are subject to change with or without prior notice.

In the event of a tie, participants of the tie will split the prize equally.

In the event of a dispute, arbitration will be held by the Rabbi of Yad Moshe and/or the Rabbi appointed by the Rabbi of Yad Moshe.